Monday, September 14, 2015

The Winter is Coming The Winter is Coming

It is such a lovely day outside today with the sun shining brightly and a slight breeze drifting through the trees. But all too soon Mr. frost will rear his ugly head and all my beautiful basil plants will feel it right down into their bones.

And, alas I will as well. Besides battening down the hatches in the garden there are a few things I plan to do to prepare for winter.

1. Duct tape the handle of my snow shuvel. (first learn how to spell shovel) After a vigorous end of the year snow storm last year my trusty old shovel needs a bit of tender loving care. We have been through a lot together after-all.

2. Seal a few cracks in the faux brick facade in front of my house so they don’t look like the fall of Montezuma and crumble all over the driveway.

3. Pull out the long underwear. Enough said.

4. Stock up on all my immune boosting supplements: probiotics, vitamin D drops, and vitamin C to name a few.

5. Prepare for hibernation: ie.. Stock up on chocolate!


from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1UQXkyq

No comments:

Post a Comment