Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Versatility of Sourdough Rolls

pizza rolls

In the past I have shared this recipe for sourdough cinnamon rolls and they are still a BIG hit in this house, one of our favorite special occasion breakfasts!

Then I thought, wait a second, I could really put ANYTHING in these rolls! Sweet savory, anything!

Naturally I started out with sweet: peanut butter, honey and raisin rolls! For these I creamed a bit of cream cheese, peanut butter and butter together (about equal parts of each) and spread it onto the dough. I then drizzled it with honey and raisins and a bit of cinnamon! Rolled it up, cut it with floss and put it in the fridge until I was ready to bake it in the morning. Delicious!!

Peanut Butter Roll Dough

Peanut Butter Roll Prep

Before and After Baking Peanut Butter Rolls

Since my daughter is in school, I am always trying to figure out new and exciting lunches for her lunch box. The next idea came from her: pizza rolls. Using the same process as the cinnamon rolls again, but this time we added tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, olives, mushrooms, onions, salami and italian spices. These made an amazing dinner and will be a perfect lunch addition for the rest of the week!

Pizza Rolls

Before Baking

After Baking

My daughter has since requested chicken pesto rolls! Sounds amazing right? What are some other flavoring ideas? Leave your tasty ideas in the comments. I have a feeling these rolls may become a weekly occurrence because they are so easy and versatile!



from Cultures for Health Blog http://ift.tt/1Fis2i5
via The Shining Mind
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1MdBO4L

No comments:

Post a Comment