Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My Try at the DIY Hand Sanitizer Gel

Jerri's Hand Sanitizer

I am usually anti-hand sanitizer. I cringe at the sight of little bottles that hang on to your purse or belt loops. They are just not effective to actually CLEANSE the hands, although if your hands are fairly clean they will kill some germs if there is enough alcohol in it. And I just don’t trust commercial manufacturers… so if I make my own, maybe I’ll get hyped over hand sanitizer and carry it too.

Our new health and beauty care section is exciting, and growing. If you’re looking for a more natural hand sanitizer this one is great. You can find everything on our site except the rubbing alcohol… and it includes just 6 ingredients, two of which are essential oils, which are so uplifting for you.

DIY Hand Sanitizer Ingredients

The Experience

So what do you get when you make this hand sanitizer? First comes the overwhelming smell of rubbing alcohol. Then, an odd almost sticky but not sticky (probably from the aloe vera) feeling along with the lovely aroma of tea tree and lemon. After a cooling sensation, in about 5-10 minutes, this hand sanitizer left my hands feeling soft as well as sanitized. Win!

Remember, hand sanitizers are not miracle workers when your hands are actually filthy. Be careful with your children, as effective sanitizers must contain over 50% rubbing alcohol. I may not use this often, but it will keep a long time, and my blender is now sanitized!

diy hand sanitizer 2

 



from Cultures for Health Blog http://ift.tt/1IVPcWH
via The Shining Mind
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1J92qWn

No comments:

Post a Comment