Thursday, August 20, 2015

Magnesium Flakes for Sore Muscles

IMG_8490The other day I was working on a few different body care products. I had a several Melt and Pour Soap projects in the works and once they had been poured and were cooling, I had a few more minutes in the kitchen to work on something else.

I probably could have washed dishes; they’re never ending, of course. Instead, I decided to do something a little more fun and used one of our favorite personal care items – magnesium flakes.

While every day presents an opportunity for some vigorous labor here on our homestead, it seems some of the toughest jobs come up only periodically. Large amounts of hauling soil amendments or long days of firewood chopping can take their toll on my husband’s neck and shoulders when he hasn’t had to perform such tasks in a while.

So, when he mentioned soreness in his back and neck, I turned to magnesium oil. The mineral magnesium has a calming affect on the body, making it great for aches and pains.

IMG_8495You can purchase magnesium oil ready-made and some claim it is the best form that you can utilize. But I had a bag of the magnesium flakes on hand, so I whipped up a batch of Homemade Magnesium Oil. We’ve been making it ourselves for years now and have always appreciated its benefits and nourishment, not to mention how well it relaxes the muscles.

I didn’t need a lot at the time and didn’t have a spray bottle handy so I just mixed the water and magnesium flakes up in a cleaned salsa jar. You can then either pour it very carefully or dab in some paper towels and then use them to apply the magnesium oil to the skin.

This is one personal care product that literally takes a couple of minutes to throw together and in doing so can save you some extra cash.

Have you worked with magnesium flakes before?



from Cultures for Health Blog http://ift.tt/1J6cVqh
via The Shining Mind
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1hrGudb

No comments:

Post a Comment