Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Deodorant Making Part 2: Additional Thoughts

Clay vs. Baking Soda Deodorant

If you missed the first part, please read it here first. After making both the clay based deodorant and the baking soda deodorant recipes, my husband and I did rigorous testing on what we like the best.
We both agree that the baking soda deodorant works the best for us in our hot humid environment. It keeps us both smell-free throughout the day!

I also have found that with the addition of the beeswax (which I talked about in my last post), the baking soda deodorant is not nearly as irritating on freshly shaved under arms!

The clay deodorant works, but seems to fade fairly quickly in its effectiveness and needs to be reapplied once or twice throughout the day.

What about you? Have you tried any home made deodorant recipes? What works the best for you?

We have recently added a new recipe to our site (Simple Shea Butter Deodorant), so I will be testing that one as well and will once again report back on our favorites!



from Cultures for Health Blog http://ift.tt/1P2senC
via The Shining Mind
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1ichbLz

No comments:

Post a Comment